Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Paris part 1

Our little street! Rue Victor Cousin.. You have no idea how many times I had to put that into Google Maps ;)
ph/ private

Happy new year! I hope you all had an amazing NYE! I'm starting this year with a flashback. To October 2012 to be exact. I did some super cool things back then. (Ok this sounds like I'm 50 and looking back to the good old days..). The first thing that I did was going to Paris. And the second thing was to Switzerland, but I already showed you that ;)

Paris, the city of Love.. Or according to Cory Monteith (in ''Monte Carlo'', yes I watch those kind of movies sometimes) 'the city of lights'.

Last October, my parents celebrated their 25th anniversary (of marriage) and they wanted to take us kids to Paris for a week. I've never been to Paris (not counting the almost annual drive through) so it was a new adventure for me!

We traveled by car and it was a 5h drive.. But we survived! And the worst part was Paris itself.
But after (finally) finding our apartment to drop off our luggage we started our own tour through the city. We explored the area we were in (Quartier Latin) and just walked around. We had to walk only 5 minutes to the Jardin du Luxembourg!
   Being on a citytrip with my brothers wasn't easy (but it was fun though). So that's why I have a quick snap of the Sandro store.. :(
   But as you may know, I'm an Isabel Marant freak! Everytime I see something of her collection my heartbeat goes up, I start to drool and I'm acting like someone with bieber-fever.. So you understand that I went nuts when I saw these sneakers in the window. It took me 3 days to finally make some time to really enter the store and once inside I looked my eyes out. I even tried on the leather Isabel Marant Dicker boots, but realized that it's not really a shoe for me. Or maybe only the leather version. I haven't tried on the suede ones ;)
   One thing I really wanted to do was to run through the Jardin du Luxembourg, but I really noticed that one week in Paris isn't enough..

This was day 1..

Speaking of running, that's one of my resolutions for 2013. To run more often.

What's your new year's resolution?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Also, so cool that your parents gave you a present for their anniversary, haha. I think I'm expected to give my parents one for theirs.

    Also, it seems everyone's resolution is to run more often! I'm aiming for 3x a week :P

    Great blog - will follow! Hope you keep it up!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos! Happy New Year! xo ava

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at these photos makes me want to travel to Paris so badlyyy! It's my number one place to go once I have the budget! haha

    Happy New Year!

    Stop by sometime, xo Natalie
    lavagabonddame.com

    ReplyDelete